Monday, May 18, 2020

Dating and mental health

Im back it seems like a lifetime ago since I last posted probably because so much seems to have changed and its now been over two months in lockdown i hope everyone is ok and staying safe remember we are all dealing with this the best way we can nobody has ever experienced this before so were all learning as we go don’t be to hard on yourself ok now on to today’s post.


When my anxiety was really bad i really struggled to ever imagine myself dating or ever being in a relationship with someone I remember sitting in my moms bed having really bad anxiety one night and saying to my mom whos ever going to want to be in a relationship with me and who’s going to want to deal with my bad anxiety all the time when i can barely handle it myself.

looking back that makes me feel really sad for past molly as i like to call her because I didn’t value myself at all and i thought that because i suffered poorly with my mental health that in some way made me to difficult and unloveable with obviously isn’t the case and is something I’ve only learned as the years have gone by and as my mental health has improved.  It was only really by having counselling that i began to realise that i am worthy of love and that the right person  will come along when its  the right time and that just because I suffer with my mental health doesn’t mean I’m not worthy of that 

Social media definitely made things worse at that time as i would look on places like Instagram and see what i thought were all perfect relationships but newsflash there is no such thing and i really wish i would of realised that.

Those happy smiley couples might be dealing with their own heartache or might just have had an argument just before they took that picture or have been  arguing over who does the washing up every couple has their own issues that they have to deal with i really wanted to write this post for past me really and anyone else who right now is thinking that their mental health condition makes them unloveable and not worthy of love trust me that’s not true you deserve to be loved for exactly who you are and shouldn’t have to squeeze yourself into a mould to have that be you and be true to who you are because really isn’t that all we really can do. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig